The client is a MNC with headquarters in India. The MNC is in manufacturing and supply of Textiles products worldwide. Client has physical stores in various countries. Client has an effective and wide distribution channel for selling products worldwide. Their major products are Towels, Bath mats & Rugs, Bathrobes, Bed Sheets, Cushions, Duvets and Pillows etc.
The client is one of the official dealers of the iconic Wimbledon Tennis Championships – one of the biggest tennis grand slams of the year. The collection of sports towels – regular towels, face towels, fan towels and beach towels, are exclusive merchandise of Wimbledon championships.
Client required to redevelop their website for UK and Germany which was previously developed using ASP.NET framework. Client required multi-store web portal for selling Terry Towel and other Home Textiles online. Client wanted shopping cart and online payment functionality separately for each store. Website should have image slider, promotional products, offers & discounted products in all web stores.
Following were the major requirements of client:
- Multi store websites to be managed by single administrator.
- Login and registration functionality for end users to place the order.
- List of alter native and recently viewed products with advanced search.
- Currency auto change based on end user’s IP address.
- Filters for the products by price/color group/ product type/size with sorting and paging functionality.
- Display nearest local store on Map based on end user’s IP address.
- Smartphone and tablet based theme.
- Orders, stocks, products and its categories, out-of-stock products, end users accounts, offers and content of static pages management by administrator.
- Stock availability for each product’s brands, types and colors for end user.
Following were the general requirements of client:
- Wish list functionality for future purchase.
- Newsletter functionality.
- Integration with Facebook and Twitter.
- Zoom-in and out with repositioning of product image.
- Multi lingual – English and German.
- Feedback/Review posting of products.
- Website heritage, career and blog functionality.
- Redesigning of Blog feature.
Silver Touch proposed developing the website using Magento open source platform as Magento provides many default functionalities for e-commerce website. Silver Touch has proposed MySQL as backend. Silver Touch has proposed custom java script for home page banner management and CMS functionality for static pages, managed by the administrator.
Silver Touch proposed following 3rd party ready extensions to accommodate client’s requirement:
|Currency Auto Switcher + GeoIP Location||Enables multi-currency stores to automatically switch store currency for visitor based on visitor’s IP address.|
|UK Postcode Address Finder||Look up customer addresses from their Postcode at Checkout.|
|Product Color Swatch||Show configurable product with thumbnail in different swatches of colors.|
|Google Maps-Store Locator||Find nearest stores on Google Map and shop over there.|
|Out of Stock Notification||Out of stock notification notifies customers whenever “Out of Stock” product is back to “In Stock”.|
|eBay/Amazon Integration||Fully integrate store into eBay & Amazon store.|
|Layered Navigation Pro||Enables customers to shop and filter by multiple attributes in a category. Great for SEO.|
|Product Labels||Creates and manages smart labels for products easily.|
|Abandoned Carts Alerts Pro||Sends abandoned cart alerts automatically. Sends reminders to guests also.|
|MailChimp integration||Analyzes order data, automates retention marketing.|
|Smartphone and Tablet Theme||A native looking mobile theme for the iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Windows 7, Palm, Kindle and more.|
|Social Booster Extension||Customers can share products in the world-wide most popular social networks just in 1 click.|