How is Magento helpful for open source development ?
Ecommerce is rapidly growing and everyone who has Internet can get optimum of it. Being absolutely free Magento quickly got popularity to become the leader among other open source platforms for online commerce such as Zen Cart, osCommerce or VirtueMart. The developer of Magento Commerce platform is Varien, the company that specializes in the open-source products. Everyone wants to be successful in online business hence the need of Magento is seen predominantly everywhere. Magento has been a boon attracting millions to master ecommerce. It has removed the hurdles and hindrances successfully making the businessmen more powerful. Magento is a rock steady platform enhancing ecommerce run briskly. It has balanced features like theme based structure, and support for digital products.Â Magento is an open source solution which means developers can create add-ons and plug-ins to expand its capabilities. In fact Magento is enjoying these welcoming changes as these are business boosting. Once a developer becomes familiar with Magentoâ€™s theme work, creating a store or several stores becomes relatively easy. Magento is highly feature rich as well as multitasking platform. Few well known features are mentioned below:
- Manage multiple websites and stores from one administration panel and product catalog.
- Web services API to make it easy to integrate third-party tools.
- Google Website Optimizer integration for A/B testing.
- Flexible coupon rules give you the ability to create numerous campaigns and buddy coupons.
- URL rewrites and many moreâ€¦â€¦â€¦