Cloud and SAP Business One- Time to Change Your Mindset
Whether you are an existing SAP ERP customer who considers a transition to the public cloud or an SAP S/4HANA Cloud customer who has just received a subscription, all you need to change the traditional mindset to make the most of cloud computing in the SAP Business One solution.
In this blog, we are going to give you some insights on how cloud technology benefits your existing SAP system. As a global SAP Business One partner who manages tens of hundreds of SAP systems across various industry verticals, we can ensure you that cloud technology benefits your business with a customized SAP Business One on HANA solution. By combining the SAP solution with the cloud, you can certainly get rid of day-to-day concerns about IT assets while focusing on strategic issues with ease.
How Cloud Benefits SAP-powered Businesses
The customized retail solution from SAP becomes more beneficial for modern businesses using cloud technology. Here are the top five benefits of the cloud in the SAP system.
1. Easy upgrade and testing- If you want to upgrade your existing SAP Business One solution or integrate a new code for customization, you can get a 1TB HANA instance in just a few hours using the cloud and automatically refresh the data for testing.
2. Advantage of OPEX model- Cloud facilitates businesses to opt for an OPEX (Operational Expenditure) model instead of the CAPEX model. Cloud technology enables you to pay for what your business consumes. You can scale up during peak periods and scale down when demand changes with ease. The OPEX model can keep your business processes dynamic without spending a small fortune.
3. Focus on core activities- With cloud technology and a reliable SAP-certified service provider, you can remain focused on core business activities because your daily operations are managed effectively on a secure and continually updated SAP Business One platform.
4. More flexibility- Do you want to integrate a newly acquired business or extend support to new users? You can easily do so with SAP on the cloud. It gives you the flexibility to make the new business online while focusing on the core business processes.
5. Reduced costs- This is one of the most important benefits of the cloud in the SAP system. You can save up to 50% of your total running costs by moving your existing SAP solution to the cloud.
However, with these benefits, CIOs should take care of some aspects while integrating cloud technology. Here are some of the factors to consider for effective implementation of cloud in the SAP system.
- First things first. Security remains the topmost concern while moving to the cloud. The hyper-scale cloud service providers invest heavily in security. It is better to consult a reputed and reliable SAP Business One solution provider to get secure, cloud-based solutions for your business.
- Another concern is related to purchasing third-party computing resources without prior and proper permissions. At times, such purchases can increase the costs significantly and CIOs find it too complex to manage. Companies can keep the fixed budget for cloud migration and add-on development for existing SAP B1 solution.
- CIOs should also consider the issue related to temporary resources. At times, temporary resources purchased have become a part of the ongoing infrastructure and their cost structure remains unoptimized. CIOs should develop a new set of policies for optimum usage of resources.
- Finally, we need to discuss the challenge related to the SAP application and its add-ons. All the add-ons and integrations make the SAP application more complex than before. Such applications need more care to ensure minimum disruption. The application that is useful for supporting the day-to-day business cannot be stopped for a technology upgrade. It is the CIO’s responsibility to determine the type of applications that should be moved to the cloud. However, an SAP-certified partner can help CIOs to take this decision and ensure that downtime is reduced while speeding up the migration process.
Also, managed services for your SAP solution can easily manage common yet complex tasks including shutting down systems and patches applications through an automated process.
If, as a CIO, you want to get an answer to how you should initiate the transition of your existing SAP system to SAP S/4 HANA, just consult an SAP Business One application developer. It is fair to mention that the right time for moving to the cloud is now!
A tailored SAP solution can take your business to a new level. You can consider integrating cloud in the SAP Business One solution for leveraging the benefits of cloud at reasonable rates. All you need to change the traditional approach and take assistance from an experienced SAP solutions provider.
Silver Touch Technologies UK is a renowned SAP Business One Partner and a leading software development company. Apart from offering high-end SAP Business One Cloud Solution and SAP B1 HANA solution, we also provide SAP B1 Mobility Solution and SAP B1 Add-ons development services. If you want to give your business the advantage of advanced SAP solutions and transform processes digitally, simply drop us a line at email@example.com. Our expert consultants will get back to you soon.
An experienced business leader, heads the UK operations of Silver Touch Technologies Ltd. With 15 years of experience in the industry, he has set the track record of delivering transformation and revenue growth with SAP Solutions.