Content Management: Safeguarding Your Brainpower
Content is king, it may be in the form of text, documents, multimedia files, video files etc. It is a procedure of protecting your intellectual property. Since content is the quintessential, needs to be managed very carefully. Content Management is a system to maintain the workflow through creating, editing, reviewing, indexing, searching, publishing and archiving gamut of digital media and web content. There are multi sub divisions like Web Content Management, Digital Asset Management, Digital Records Management, and Electronic Content Management and so on. The basic feature of this system is managing content and publishing, with a workflow if required. The procedure of content Management It is based on different features and responsibilities.
- Creator – Looks after creating and editing content
- Editor – manages tuning and style of delivery, including translation and localization
- Publisher – responsible for making the content available for the users.
- Administrator – responsible for accessing to folders and files, assigning access rights to user groups or roles. Admins may also assist and support users in various ways
- Consumer, viewer or guest- the person who reads, takes in content after it is published or shared.