How to Migrate SAP Business One to Cloud: Importance and Steps to Consider
A cloud deployment has become the new norm of modern business. There are several reasons for this. Typically, Cloud allows companies to focus the budget on OPEX rather than CAPEX, it also streamlines the IT departments as they no longer need to worry about maintaining servers leading to a more efficient working practice. Globally, one of the pioneers of business automation SAP has also introduced SAP Business One Cloud solution for this reason.
If you are an existing user of SAP Business One solution and want to move to a cloud-based solution then this blog is for you. Here we will discuss the questions like why you should opt for SAP Business One Cloud, and which steps you should keep in mind while moving SAP Business One solution to the cloud. Let’s start by answering the obvious question.
Is SAP Business One Cloud Necessary for Your Business?
Here we mention some important reasons why you should migrate to the Cloud.
- Advanced Level– It is the right time to switch to advanced Cloud-based ecosystem. Instead of investing again in the existing outdated infrastructure, you can simply choose to pay a monthly fee to SAP Business One Cloud to leverage many benefits.
- SAP HANA Advantage– Though SAP HANA is available on-premise and in the Cloud, it is better to invest in its cloud option to gain additional scalability.
- Cost of ownership- The SAP Business One Cloud solution demands monthly charges for accessing the Cloud services and licenses. You can compare this cost with overall capital expenditure and on-going costs related to updating your on-premise infrastructure. You need to upgrade the existing infrastructure regularly to stay competitive and competent. This expense is simply gone when you move to the cloud.
- Agile environment– Higher scalability is the cloud’s biggest benefit. You need to pay as you use technology. You can readily add and subtract users with SAP Business One cloud solution. In other words, you can get a more agile environment in the cloud as compared to on-premise infrastructure.
- Enhanced security– There is no match between the on-premise infrastructure and the cloud technology when it comes to data security. All you need to choose the reliable SAP Business One Cloud services provider to get a highly secure ERP in the cloud.
Also, it is easy to integrate technological advancements of emerging technologies like AI, IoT, and Business Intelligence (BI) in the cloud-based infrastructure.
Moving the SAP Business One solution to the cloud can create a few hurdles. Here we mention some major restrictions you may encounter while moving an existing ERP solution to the Cloud.
Shortcomings You Need to Address when Moving to the Cloud
- Internet access- Fast and continuous Internet is a primary requirement of Cloud-based solutions and applications. It is better not to move to the Cloud if your company does not have rapid and reliable Internet access. There are many areas in the UK that still don’t enjoy an uninterrupted connection experience, so it is best to check your local statistics. There is a rollout plan available through BT OpenReach to see when your area is likely to be fibre-enabled.
- Monthly costs – You need to give some price to use the Cloud-based services on a monthly basis. You can compare it with current expenses for managing the on-premise infrastructure.
- Infrastructure – If you have recently updated IT infrastructure, it is advisable to wait for some time to cover the on-premise infrastructure investment. It is therefore probably better to delay a move to Cloud
Now, you are ready to move your ERP or existing on-premise SAP Business One to the Cloud-based solution. Let’s go through some major considerations.
Necessary Steps for Moving to SAP Business One Cloud
- Decide the type
SAP Business One Cloud offers two options. Private Cloud refers to the own virtual server in the Cloud. Public or Hosted Cloud refers to multiple accounts of SAP Business One are hosted on a single server. Now, Private Cloud is more beneficial and expensive than the Public Cloud. The Private Cloud enables you to add customised solutions and allocate resources to the virtual server.
- Check third-party solutions
Though mostly third-party solutions are supported in both Private and Public Cloud, it is always advisable to ensure that the third-party solutions you use are compatible with the SAP Business One Cloud.
- SAP HANA or SQL
Finally, you need to decide whether you want to upgrade the SAP Business One to SAP HANA or keep it with MS SQL
It is fair to mention that moving to the SAP Business One Cloud solution can be a visionary decision in favor of your business. But, when it comes to SAP Business One, the end user will get the same functionality along with a similar look and feel in the Cloud-based solution as that they are getting in the on-premise one. It is about selecting the right one for your business model as well as the current and future requirements.
Silver Touch Technologies is one of the most reliable and renowned SAP partners globally. Our developers can deploy the SAP Business One Cloud solution to meet your diverse business needs and make your business ready for the future. We provide the best-in-class SAP Business One Cloud services to the global enterprises in a cost-effective way. Just contact us to know more and get a free quote for your project.